02/05/2012

An Update in the Form of Word Vomit

Ahh, bonjour dear strangers! It's been a very long time since my last entry, around 5 months in fact. Jesus, that is a while isn't it? Well let me say that a lot has changed in my formerly boring life!

Firstly, I am no longer single and reluctant to mingle, I am now in a brand spanking new relationship with a lovely fellow named Harry. We first encountered each other, drunk, at a mutual friend's party. I saw him and was instantly attracted to his countless tattoos and his fantastic handlebar moustache. Needless to say I am utterly smitten! (Have I used too many exclamation marks? Well I'm excited so they're justified. Nearly put another one at the end of that last sentence, I think I'm addicted.) He met my entire family on our first official "date" and wasn't worried at all. It might be partly due to his.. let's say life experience. Okay, okay he's six years my senior. He doesn't act as old as he is though, and he doesn't make me feel particularly young, plus age is but a number. So anyway, he met my entire family (the most crackers bunch of people you will ever meet) and stayed the night at my house. We watched television until teleshopping came on, and just talked (amongst other things if you know what I mean) until the sun came up. He turned to me and said, "It's light outside." I was so shocked, I neglected the fact that the morning will still come even if I don't sleep. I know it's a cliché but I feel like I've known him for a long time, despite only being in a relationship with him for eleven days, he's a friend who I can be silly with and also be intimate with.
My goodness, I've turned into a soppy cow! Sometimes I feel a bit ill at how cutesy we are. Let's move away from this subject, I'm probably boring you into a coma.

I turned eighteen not long ago, and despite my initial thoughts it doesn't feel any different. I hardly get asked for ID when I buy drinks. So it's sort of like still being seventeen, I've engaged in one clubbing experience, (Bearing in mind that I am bookish and like being indoors) I went deaf in my left ear for a week and was convinced that I had tinnitus. It wasn't so bad while I was there because I had imbibed copious amounts of alcohol. Frequently running to the bar hastily fishing money out of my bra shouting "JÄGERRRRR!" What an embarrassment I was, the bright side is that I'll never see any of those people again. Aside from the ones that attend the same college as me. Oh dear. Needless to say I haven't been again yet, and I hope to keep it that way for a while. Now my relationship status is Taken I have a valid excuse for staying in with my boyfriend and being boring, because luckily for me we are very nearly the same person, he loves what I love. Sorry, I'm back on this subject. I'll attempt (in vain I'm sure) to keep shtum about it.

Another thing that's happening right now/pretty soon is university organisation and exams. I ventured to sort out my student finance last night and after having a mini heart attack due to the misplacement of my national insurance number, I got down to it. Why does directgov insist on being so user unfriendly, using silly jargon that my mother nor I could figure out. I managed to declare that I'm not a resident of the UK (I've hardly been out of the country in all my eighteen years) due to the ridiculous wording of the question. Then my mother was being entirely unhelpful, just saying, "It's the first time I'm doing all this." Oh right of course Mum, I'd completely forgotten that I applied to university last year!! Good grief! I've decided to sacrifice the wonderful surroundings of Brighton university for the University of Chichester, due to the lack of faith I have in my ability to get an A in at least one of my subjects. I'm not unintelligent, just lazy, which is the bane of my life. If I could just read all day and not need food or water, I would be so happy. That is part of the reason I aspire to become a book editor, that and my love of correcting other people's mistakes. I have a field day every time my psychology teacher gives us the new booklet. I wonder sometimes how she got a degree at all.

Well this has been positively delightful! I promise that I will be much more active from now on, with exponentially more interesting entries than this one. Thanks for being there and reading this if indeed you've stayed this long, if not, I don't blame you. I wouldn't read this drivel.

No comments:

Post a Comment